Does your website let a visitor know WHY they should spend time on your site rather than your competitors’ website?
PEOPLE don’t connect with websites, they connect with the people behind those websites!
PEOPLE want to deal with a human, not a faceless company.
PEOPLE are naturally impatient and want to find a reason to trust and connect with the people behind the website quickly.
PEOPLE want to deal with a human, not a faceless company. Reputable businesses are transparent about who they are and how to get in touch.
More than ever, engendering confidence with your website visitors is important.
And you know… There’s no point in having an “About Me” page if you’re not even going to talk about yourself. So you’ll want to at least offer a short bio about who you are and what you do.
How to easily set your website apart from your competitors and gain trust:
- Be current with the latest technology. A website that looks like it was created in the early 2000’s, or is not mobile friendly, may not seem trustworthy.
- A website that looks professional and loads fast will go a long way in earning customers’ trust.
- Tell people exactly what you can do for them or how you can help.
- Use long, upbeat, “natural-voice” descriptions for your online products.
- Have a robust “About Us” section to gain credibility and tell the story of yourself and your business.
- Feature pictures and videos of real clients or staff.
- Offer detailed contact information with social media follow links.
- Make your website domain information public. Private domains can seem suspicious!
- Show consistently updated content.
Ask for and Get Testimonials!
Your customers are human. Your partners are human. Your employees are human. Even your social media fans and followers are human. 🙂
Go ahead and ask for (and publish) testimonials. Written testimonials from people who are happy with your services or products will increase your trustworthiness.
If you need help evaluating your current website for a great user experience, please contact me directly.