Looking for ideas to boost your blog post social shares?
An interesting and share-worthy blog post contains several important focus areas.
- A Stand-out HEADLINE – According to Salesforce Canada “your traffic can vary by as much as 500% based on your headline. There’s a science to writing the title of your post, and ignoring best practices will ensure your post gets largely ignored.”
- A Quick, Eye-catching Introduction – Why should I read this?
- Subheads – Use H2 paragraph subheads so readers and search engines can scan your text easily.
- Main Copy – Break up your main copy with bullets, subheads, visuals, and pull quotes.
- Interesting and Relevant Photos – People remember photos 6 times easier than text and are great for social sharing.
- Calls to Action – include at least one simple call-to-action (CTA) somewhere in your post, suggesting what people can do next.
- Social Sharing Buttons – Make it easy for visitors to share your post.
- Relevancy—making sure the post is relevant from top to bottom
Infographic Via Salesforce
If you’re not comfortable with the more technical aspects of blogging, try to find someone who can be a resource for you to answer questions as they arise.
For help with setting up your business blog or to find out more about the benefits of a mobile-friendly WordPress website, email firstname.lastname@example.org.