WordPress.org just launched WordPress 4.1, adding many great features to help you “focus on your writing”. You can download the new release now from WordPress.org/Download or upgrade within your WordPress dashboard to try it out.
Version 4.1 of WordPress, named “Dinah” in honor of jazz singer Dinah Washington, is available for download or update in your WordPress dashboard. New features in WordPress 4.1 help you focus on your writing, and the new default theme lets you show it off in style. – WordPress 4.1 Dinah Technical Details
Sometimes, you just need to concentrate on putting your thoughts into words. Try turning on distraction-free writing mode. When you start typing, all the distractions will fade away, letting you focus solely on your writing. All your editing tools instantly return when you need them.
Introducing the New Twenty Fifteen Theme
Along with WordPress 4.1 you’ll see a new default theme, a blog-focused theme designed for clarity. Your content always takes center stage, whether viewed on a phone, tablet, laptop, or desktop computer. The new theme has options such as custom header and custom background, ability to set color schemes, and built-in support for popular social buttons. You need only create a menu in the native WordPress interface to have these icons appear on your site. WordPress 4.1 users will have a floating panel in Visual mode to make editing and aligning images easier.
More New Features:
- Dashicons – WordPress 4.1 includes 20 new fresh and clean icons.
- Choose a language – Right now, WordPress 4.1 is already translated into over forty languages, with more always in progress. You can switch to any translation on the General Settings screen.
- Log out everywhere – If you’ve ever worried you forgot to sign out from a shared computer, you can now go to your profile and log out everywhere.
- Vine video embeds – Embedding videos from Vine is as simple as pasting a URL onto its own line in a post. See the full list of supported embeds.
- Plugin recommendations suggestions – The plugin installer suggests plugins for you to try. Recommendations are based on the plugins you and other users have installed.
If you need help with a new WordPress website, or technical assistance with upgrading your existing site, get in touch!