Labor Day is coming up and summer activities with marketing in mind can be a great way to overcome the seasonal slowdown, made worse by COVID19, and get in the swing of things once business picks up again!
Here are some virtual event ideas and marketing strategies to help build your business, while social distancing, during these unusual times:
Host Virtual Events or Workshops
- Training and classes
- Wellness, exercise, and Yoga seminars
- Virtual tours
- Q & A answer sessions
- Business conferences or summits
- Non-profit awareness webinars
- Contests and/or giveaways
- Team building activities
- Interview influencers
It’s important to choose the right platform or technology partner for your virtual events.
For many, going virtual will require the support of a tech platform. While there are many services out there, don’t just choose the cheapest or the most well-known. Consider your needs and find one that can offer the most suitable, tailored experience. – Forbes, How To Host A Successful Virtual Event
Webinar platform options include (but are not limited to):
- Crowdcast – Can be joined through a single URL. Tools include built-in registration forms, analytics, replays, and more.
- Webex Events and Webcasting – Host powerful, interactive online events and webinars that engage your prospects, customers and partners around the world.
- Zoom – Can have one host, group chat—and even offers breakout rooms. Plans cover from 100 to 10,000 view-only attendees.
- YouTube Livestream – A free and easy option for streaming live webinars.
After your event… be sure to:
Other ways to build summer business…
Gather testimonials or reviews ♥
You know customers love you! Hubspot suggests business owners cultivate customer reviews and client testimonials for use during the slower months. Business owners can post new testimonials and reviews to their website and across their social media channels as a way of staying top of mind with their customer base
Evaluate your many accomplishments 😀
- Summer is a great time to evaluate what you’ve accomplished so far this year. You don’t have to do this alone! You could plan a virtual staff event. You’re likely to find new ideas and opportunities for expansion.
- Review your website and optimize for leads. Add high quality content and otherwise tweak your website. You can refine your email marketing outreach activities and grow your mailing list by offering freebies such as downloadable eBooks in return for subscribing. Retail stores can offer an in-store Free Gift sweepstakes in return for subscribing to your website email list. Update your website for new ways to communicate.
- Evaluate your social media accounts. Social media profile layouts are changing all the time. Is your profile photo and banner meaningful and of good quality? Is it representative of your business and culture? Be sure to post, connect, and be active. Active social media accounts sharing interesting and relevant blog posts are great for better rankings in the search engines.
Tweak your SEO
Assess and bolster your local search rankings, or create a “Mini-Site” to get the word out about new products and services.
Most of all, relax and have FUN!
And share the fun on social media! Summer is ideal for sharing your cool photos and building your followers. (Think: Instagram!) Instagram is perhaps one of the most ‘summer friendly’ platforms. It is all about photos and having a good quality campaign going with lots of new followers when summer finally ends.
Wishing you an awesome and safe summer!
Director, Marketing and Creative Services