Whether you are running a large business or a personal blog, keeping it real and exuding trust is a critical factor in your success. Humanizing your website and earning a visitors’ trust starts long before they ever become a customer.
A more humanized website can set your website apart and gain trust.
Besides being professional, uncluttered, and modern your website should:
- Tell people what you can do for them or how you can help
- Have a robust “About Us” section to gain credibility and tell the story of yourself and your business
- Feature pictures and videos of real clients or staff
- Offer detailed contact information
- Show consistently updated content using dates and author pages
- Feature current testimonials or customer success stories
- Provide links to active social media accounts
Does your website let the visitor know why they should spend time on your site rather than your competitors website?
People are naturally impatient and want to find a reason to trust and connect with the people behind the website quickly.
At the end of the day, it’s always about humans.
Your customers are human. Your partners are human. Your employees are human. Even your social media fans and followers are human. Humanizing your website is a requirement, not an option if you want to survive in business today.
Here’s a great infographic showing 7 reasons people don’t trust your website — and what you can do to fix it.
If you need help evaluating your current website for a great user experience, contact me.
Director, Marketing and Creative Services